Navigation

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ordering Metals

Hey Y'all-

   It has been a while since I made a blog post.  This morning I ordered some 6061 aluminum to begin milling my first parts.  I got a request from a friend to produce some hose clamps for a Ford Bronco engine build.

FYI these two distributors are the best I've ordered from;

www.midwestmetalwarehouse.com or www.speedymetals.com

Midwest metal is slightly cheaper.  Check the ebay store for drops.  Sometimes you can find a steal.

Pictures to come.  After learning the operations of MasterCAM, intricacies of the Mach3 controller and cutting limitation of my G0704 mill I should be well equipped to begin designing a tiny coaster car!

Additionally I've been shopping for a 70 1/2" fine tooth band saw blade to upgrade my crappy craftsman band saw.  10 TPI should suffice.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment