Navigation

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Flood Coolant

Picked up a small 12volt utility water pump from Harbor Freight, $39 on sale.  A bucket test has proven promising for decent flood coolant flow rate.  From what I've read you want flood coolant to surge with enough pressure to wash the chips free from the cutter.  I've got some idea's for coolant collection, I believe a late-night trip to Walmart is brewing.

50psi and 300gph should absolutely do the trick.. Great buy.


I've also got my X and Y stepper motors going mounted and ready to be wired.  Unfortunately I mistakenly ordered Oldham style couplings that came up too short for the stepper shaft length.  I did some improvising with parts I had lying around.  The connection is very transitionally stiff. I do not see the extra extension affecting my backlash numbers, if at all.


Cleaned the shop floor tonight also.  It's looking shiny.



No comments:

Post a Comment