Navigation

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Motion!

Today was a pretty exciting day.  I moved my computer and controller equipment out into the shop and wired everything up.

Motion now happens on the X and Y axis!  I'm waiting on a coupling from Mcmastercarr to finish the Z-axis assembly.





I've also began experimenting with my limit and home switch setup.  I have the switches arranged in parallel using the normally open (NO) circuitry option.  This allows activation of the limit stop in Mach3 no matter which limit switch is activated.  More importantly this wiring option only uses 1 input of the MX3660.  Which is advantageous because later on those extra inputs could be useful for other operations such as probing or an automatic tool changer.



I noticed the ball screw steel block on the original mill is a perfect size to adapted into a mount for the X-axis limit switch.  When the first chips are produced, this will be the first stock the G0704 biting.

No comments:

Post a Comment